Historical Timeline

National Bank and Trust History in Timeline

  • 1872 - The Bank was chartered as The Clinton County National Bank.
  • 1873 - F.M. Moore was elected as president and served until 1889. The Bank received the distinction of being named to the Honor Roll of Banks for its policy of maintaining an ample surplus of funds to protect depositors against loss and to meet loan demand.
  • 1903 - Matthew Rombach Denver was elected as president of The Clinton County National Bank
  • 1915 - A striking example of iconic architecture was erected as the Bank's new building at 48 N. South Street.
  • 1922 - The Bank was granted Trust Powers by the State of Ohio, Department of Banks and Banking. A Trust Department was added providing additional services to the area. The Bank name changed to The Clinton County National Bank and Trust Company.
  • 1930 - In conjunction with local merchants, the Bank promoted "business as usual" during the Depression.
  • 1931 - The Bank purchased the Farmers National Bank of Clarksville.
  • 1954 - Howard G. Hudson was elected as president succeeding Matthew Rombach Denver.
  • 1957 - A new modern main office was completed for the Bank on its original site and included the area's first Drive-Thru window.
  • 1958 - Maynard H. Davids was elected as president and The Clinton County National Bank and Trust Company acquired the New Vienna Bank.
  • 1967 - Wilmington Plaza Office opened
  • 1969 - The Bank acquired the First National Bank of Sabina. Also, the Master Charge plan was introduced to customers as a convenience loan product.
  • 1971 - The Bank acquired the Port William Banking Company and total assets exceeded $30 million.
  • 1980 - Robert E Lundquist was elected president. InterCounty Bancshares, Inc. was established as a holding company for the Bank and a new office was opened in Blanchester. Assets totaled $80 million.
  • 1981 - The acquisition of Brown County National Bank was completed. The bank name was changed to The National Bank and Trust Company.
  • 1982 - The Bank acquired Peoples National Bank.
  • 1985 - The Employee Stock Ownership Plan was established and total assets of the Bank exceeded $128 million.
  • 1989 - Timothy L. Smith was elected president and a new office was opened in Mason.
  • 1991 - A new Wilmington Plaza Office was opened.
  • 1992 - A merger with Kentucky National Bank of Ohio was completed and a new office was opened in Milford.
  • 1993 - A merger with Williamsburg Building and Loan established a second location in Clermont County.
  • 1994 - The Bank opened a new office in Sardinia. It was the Bank's first supermarket office.
  • 1996 - The Bank opened a new office in Batavia and the Main Office was expanded.
  • 1997 - A new office was opened in Hillsboro.
  • 1998 - New offices were opened in Owensville, Waynesville and Wilmington.
  • 2006 - John J. Limbert was elected president and The National Bank and Trust Company launched its new brand, "Focused on You."
  • 2007 - The Bank opened a new office in Lebanon.
  • 2008 - New offices were opened in Hamilton Township and Mason.
  • 2009 - The Bank acquired Community National Bank adding five new offices and $100 in assets. Total assets were $650 million.
  • 2010 - The Bank acquired the business operation of American National Bank and its single office in Parma, Ohio. Total assets exceeded $720 million.